Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yes, I am excited about this....


I am totally excited about the proposed merger between XM and Sirius Satellite radio! I think it will be awesome to receive more choices for less money as they are claiming. I actually listened to their opening arguments on CSPAN today while on the road back from Mason Tx. I can understand why some people are worried about a monopoly, but come on, a lot has changed since 10 years ago when they both acheived their licenses.
Ten years ago the only people Xm and Sirius had to compete with were each other, and public radio if you choose to include them. Now XM and Sirius have to contend with Web radio, HD-Radio, and enhanced public radio. So I see no problem with a merger, but than again I am not the FCC or the Anti-Trust Commitee.

No comments: